Are you looking to serve God in a practical and challenging way?
Are you passionate about using Creative Arts?
Do you enjoy working with young people?
Are you open to learning new skills and growing in your faith?
Then apply for an internship of 9 months to 1 year with Fine Edge Theatre Company!
Each year Scripture Union of WA take on 3-5 Christian actors to work as interns with the Fine Edge Theatre Company. Fine Edge is a professional theatre company that tours issue-based shows to WA schools. We use drama to engage students with issues that are relevant to them, promoting positive choices. We have performed to more than 130,000 students in schools over the last 13 years.
Interns with Fine Edge get involved first-hand as they rehearse, perform and tour three shows throughout the year to Primary school and High School audiences across the state of WA. Our internships provide Christians who are passionate about drama the chance to learn and grow as an artist. We aim to resource and prepare young Christians to become skilled and professional artists, empowered to use their talents as a way to impact their world. Our interns learn while performing to real audiences, doing valuable and professional ministry.
We’re looking for young people with
- Skill and experience in performing,
- Confidence in ministry with children
- A passion for serving God in ministry, and
- A desire to learn and grow in these areas.
In turn, our program provides our performers with:
- Hundreds of performance hours in different settings.
- Practical and theoretical training in performance, youth work, leadership and facilitation.
- Powerful and relevant ministry to youth and children.
- Valuable experience in the Theatre-in-Education (TIE) industry.
- Short term travel across Western Australia.
- Flexible and friendly work environment.
- Growth in personal and interpersonal skills and awareness.
- Challenging and creative work.
Internships are volunteers and these are unpaid positions, though SU WA assists interns with finding some financial support. Interns may also be eligible for ‘Youth Allowance’ if completing a Cert IV in partnership with their internship. Interns work part-time, Monday to Wednesday, with some Sundays during the Christmas season, allowing you to gain additional employment or undertake study.
If you are interested, would like more information or an application package please do not hesitate to contact us on 9371 9100 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Please register your interest by clicking the Enquire Now button and giving us your details.
Please feel free to forward this info to any person or network that may find it useful.